Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh, footnotes

I'm reading (skimming, if we're going to be really accurate here) this article on feminist legal methods for my sociology of law exam tomorrow morning(...crap). I always enjoy reading the title footnote describing the author of the article, because it's always fun to find out that behind the text is an actual person. Also, just last week, I read this really engaging article about humanitarian intervention as a pretext and saw that my amazing criminal law professor, Derek Jinks, had contributed- always cool to see that.

Anyway- as someone who spent hours slaving over footnotes for the Texas International Law Journal and bemoaning the absurdity of how Bluebook adherence means editors all lose their minds just a little bit (sure, the real problem is how lazy I am, but hey, why get bogged down in the details), I thought hers was really amusing.* Just imagine the discussions that went on there; to be a fly on the wall in THAT final read...

* I need more sleep, less coffee.

No comments: