Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When itunes travels

The other day was a great day in the history of my itunes.

It began with (I refuse to be ashamed of my love for Rihanna).

Of course, it should go without saying that there was Manu Chao. In fact, let's just go ahead and put up another video from Senor Chao:

The lyrics, in Spanish and English are here

Whilst getting ready to hit up the Galway nightlife, my roommate (excuse me....FLATmate)'s brother was sitting out in the living room. When I reentered that room, he said, "What is this music? This is weird." My Itunes had wandered into Algerian territory:


(the above is what I think is a cool compilation video, but if you prefer, here is the artist singing it live:)


I really enjoy the above song, as well as some campier stuff and more traditional stuff:


Anyways, because this wonderful Algerian man once recommended some music to me, my train of thought was to likewise introduce it to my roommate(excuse me...FLATmate)'s brother. "Have you ever heard French rap?" I asked him. He had not.





Then, because this impossibly enchanting old one-armed Vietnamese man once recommended some older French classics to me, my intunes wandered to the one of the greats:



(and my personal favorite...)


At that point, we hit some pubs:
(...well, ok, the dancing didn't actually happen)

Finally, on the way home, our Nigerian taxi driver was really enjoying some Nigerian music. He recommended:


Anyways. Good day.

No comments: